Care For Your Jewellery
INSTRUCTION FOR WEAR FOR CHILDREN
It’s great that you would like to give a special gift to a child. Every child is very individual.
To guarantee the best fit, our age recommendation for wearing our designs is 8 years and above. We recommend that children under 3 only wear the jewellery under adult supervision, since small parts could be swallowed.
To ensure that the recipient enjoys the gift for as long as possible, please note that, despite the use of high quality silver and gold alloys, our jewellery items are not completely resistant to impacts, scratches and other damage that can occur when playing and crawling.
All our jewellery items are, of course, free of nickel.
Tips for storing and caring for you jewellery
Items of Thomas Sabo, Ania Haie, Engelsrufer jewellery are generally made from Sterling Silver. Correct and regular care can prolong the durability of the jewellery.
To ensure you enjoy your precious and beautiful jewellery for as long as possible, you should follow a few basic rules:
- If possible, rings and other pieces of jewellery should not be worn while working in the house or garden, exercising or bathing (in salt or chlorinated water).
- The jewellery should be taken off before going to bed and prior to showering.
- Perfume and hairspray can remove the sheen and the brilliance of the jewellery. For this reason, it is advisable to use perfume, hairspray and other cosmetics before putting on the jewellery.
- Imitation pearls must not come into contact with perfume, make-up or hairspray. Their coating is damaged by alcohol or other solvents. It should be stored separate from other jewellery, ideally in a fabric pouch or wrapped in a soft cloth. This will prevent your imitation pearls being scratched. Please note: imitation pearl jewellery must not be exposed to sunlight. The UV radiation in sunlight damages and bleaches the pearls.
Soap, crème and make-up residues can be removed using an ultrasound device. The ultrasound device should not contain aggressive cleaning agents. For best results, use water and a neutral detergent.
For standard commercial silver dipping baths, only silver jewellery dipping baths must be used. In other words: no silver cutlery dipping baths and no gold jewellery dipping baths!
Immerse the jewellery for approx. 10 seconds and then rinse thoroughly under hot water and rub dry using a cloth or a hairdryer.
Blackened items of jewellery should not be cleaned using a silver dipping bath or polished with a silver cloth as these may remove the blackening.
Items of jewellery with imitations pearls, lapis lazuli, coral, turquoise, mother-of-pearl or hematite are not suitable for cleaning in a silver dipping bath.
Only the silver parts of leather, rubber and silk cords should be cleaned using a silver cloth. Leather and silk cords must not be placed in a silver dipping bath or cleaned in an ultrasound device.
Jewellery storage and care tips
- Store your item of jewellery separately in a fabric pouch or a jewellery case.
- Items of jewellery should not be worn while working in the house or garden or during sport, bathing or showering or while sleeping.
- Perfume and hairspray can harm and negatively influence the brilliance of jewellery and the stones. Furthermore, certain substances (i.e. alcohol or other solvents) can impact and damage the surface of pearls and stones.
- Perfume, hairspray and other cosmetics should be applied before putting on your jewellery.
- Clean your diamond jewellery once a month to prevent deposits of grease, soap and cosmetics.
- Use a special detergent or a small amount of mild neutral cleaner added to a bowl of warm water. For the best cleaning results, gently use a small brush or a paintbrush. Also treat the back of the jewellery (including the setting).
- You can also use an ultrasound device if you have one (please note the instructions for your ultrasound device).
- To clean our items of jewellery (also two-tone items of jewellery), you can use standard commercial silver dipping baths or silver cleaning cloths. No silver cutlery dipping baths and no gold jewellery dipping baths must be used. Immerse the jewellery for a maximum of 5 minutes. Then thoroughly rinse the jewellery with warm water and rub it dry with a cloth. Blow dry it if possible.
TRACES OF WEAR ON POLISHED SILVER-/GOLD SURFACES
Please note that traces of wear (e.g. scratches) are quicker visible on items which have larger polished silver-/gold surfaces as on other items. These can already occur after a short time. External influences like scratches etc. are normal signs of wear and tear and are no material faults!
When an item is worn, traces of wear on the surface cannot be avoided. You can refresh the shine of your jewellery piece by polishing the item with a silver-/gold cleaning cloth. Furthermore we offer the possibility of a professional reconditioning at our workshop. Please note that in the process of reconditioning silver it is